Mission Statement

I will in general eat healthy, eat "normal" food, without gimmicks, pills, surgery, or trademarked diets. I will log all calories consumed and estimate calories burned on a daily basis. I will then be able to track my progress and estimate arrival time to my goals through My Food Log. I will also develop non-food rewards for reaching my goals knowing that reaching each goal is a reward in-and-of itself. I will not give up. I know that I will not be perfect but that I am making a permanent lifestyle change. The good days will out-number the bad days. I will not give up!

8.19.2007

Free, Tailor Made, Designed Just For You, Diets Available Now

I have just a couple of hours before bed time and I feel confident in saying that I accomplished my Mini-Goal. Now I need to make another one. So what will it be???
Also, I want to help you! I will personally make a new lifestyle eating plan for you, for free. All you have to do is ask.

Three cheers for me on accomplishing my three day Mini Goal! If you didn't want to scroll down I will summarize... three days green. For me, that means three days eating no more than 1200 calories (with a 50 calorie grace area). So really I could have eaten 1250 and still had green days. As it was, only yesterday did I actually go over the 1200 mark.
The new Mini-Goal will be to go 2 more days at or under 1200. This is supposed to be my goal all of the time, but, if you have read my other posts then you know I have been on vacation. I am also feeling overwhelmed at the moment. Over at The Middle Aged Shed, there is a great article, Losing A Large Amount of Weight - 5 Tips. In that article they discuss the importance of setting small goals. I think this is a great way to combat that feeling of being ovewhelmed that I am experiencing.
Now I know some of you may say, "eee gads, 1200 calories is not enough." But I will refer you to My Diet Plan and my Mission Statement Explanation. Please read these before you deem my diet unreasonable. I will also point out that there are several professionally marketed diets that promote the same low calorie premise, at least in the beginning. And for those of you who don't have time to read both of those articles, let me reiterate that this is My Diet Plan, a plan designed specifically for me.
I will be glad to help you specifically design and tailor your own new lifestyle diet. This is basically the same kind of service offered by many marketed diet centers, but mine does not cost anything but your time. I would also ask that you stay in touch after the plan is created so we can harbor good group energy and motivation.
Hope this post finds you in a happy, healthy, and progressive weight loss mode! We can do it!

9 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Good luck with your diet and with helping others design a plan. So many people charge for that.

(I'm pretty much set myself, as I seem to have stabilized at a size I'm happy with. And not too many low-cal plans get me my required cupcake allotment. But thanks for the generous offer to help others.)

I also love the idea of 'mini goals!'

Christina said...

Thank you Crabby! I was starting to feel a little lonely out here in cyber-space. My diet... knock on wood... is going very well. I have lost 18 pounds since June 4, 2007.

I couldn't charge right now, 1) because I am not a certified nutritionist and 2) with the diet blog market currently being quite flooded, I will go to great lengths just to get traffic to my blog 3) I really do just want to help (and build a solid support system in the process) 4) dieting is kind of like the psychiatrist joke....
How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
Just one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

I could build you a low calorie diet based around you daily allotment of cupcakes. We might have to negotiate about how big of a cup cake and just how low the calories would actually be, but it could be done. We could then mass market it as the the Crabby & Christina Cupcake diet. We'll make millions and then go on to market our own brand of cupcakes.... now we're talking hundreds of millions... we could put Slim Fast out of business :-)

The mini goal idea was borrowed from The Middle Aged Shed. But thanks for that too and the second mini goal is finished and was a success.... yeah!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan! And I love mini goals - they are building blocks for long term success.

I will write up a post about your offer on my blog The Diet Pulpit with a link :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina...
I read the comment you left me over at Incredible Shrinking Ladies - http://shrinkingladies.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/dieting-with-the-best-intentions/
- and I agree - we do sound similar.
I'd love a diet made just for me! What works best for me is something like what John, over at Total Transformation Test wrote about - http://totaltransformation.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/complete-blockheads-guide-to-eating-or-the-simplest-diet-ever/
Keeping it simple - so I don't have to think, do much preparation or have many choices - works for me.

Crabby McSlacker said...

A cupcake diet is a great idea Christina!

I think they made a fortune off the "cookie diet," and cupcakes are just so much more festive!

Janet said...

A diet tailored to me? Sign me up!

rev. dr. todd said...

I'm using Dr. Ian Smith's "Fat Smash Diet" and it's working pretty well. I'd like to see what ideas you have for me individually though.

rev. dr. todd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm here via the Carnival.

Good luck with your plan. Hope it works for you.

I agree that we should have develop an individualized system that is effective and we can live.

For me, it's not about calories. I limit fat intake and that works (I've lost about 60 pounds or so . . . don't weigh so can't say exactly). Counting calories would never be an effective system for me.

You're invited to stop by and read my articles when you have time.