Mission Statement

I will in general eat healthy, eat "normal" food, without gimmicks, pills, surgery, or trademarked diets. I will log all calories consumed and estimate calories burned on a daily basis. I will then be able to track my progress and estimate arrival time to my goals through My Food Log. I will also develop non-food rewards for reaching my goals knowing that reaching each goal is a reward in-and-of itself. I will not give up. I know that I will not be perfect but that I am making a permanent lifestyle change. The good days will out-number the bad days. I will not give up!

8.02.2007

Hugo...WTF?!!!!

McDonald's announced today in a press release that they were going to bring back a "super sized" drink. They are going to call it "Hugo". What in This Freeworld can they be thinking? First of all, it is a 44 oz. drink. If one were to fill it with the recommended amount of ice and add regular coke, it would contain over 400 calories. Why not just sell a 2 liter? That's about 67 and 1/2 ounces. Not to mention that I find using that name in particular to be offensive because when I was a young teen, the old family farm was nearly destroyed by Hurricane Hugo. Do the people at McDonald's have french fries for brains? No, wait, I bet they have a brain made of "100% beef".

No comments: