Mission Statement

I will in general eat healthy, eat "normal" food, without gimmicks, pills, surgery, or trademarked diets. I will log all calories consumed and estimate calories burned on a daily basis. I will then be able to track my progress and estimate arrival time to my goals through My Food Log. I will also develop non-food rewards for reaching my goals knowing that reaching each goal is a reward in-and-of itself. I will not give up. I know that I will not be perfect but that I am making a permanent lifestyle change. The good days will out-number the bad days. I will not give up!

6.08.2008

Still Here

do0rdiet.blogspot.com
Christina 2009

In October of '07 I took a new, full time job। Since then I have left that job in exchange for a better, full time job with the local university. What does this mean for my weightloss. It means that I put back on most of the weight I lost (20 out of 25 pounds). I have been changing my eating habits for the past 3 weeks. I hope that I will be successful "for keeps" this time. I have many new inspirations and I can honestly say that I've learned alot.


New Inspirations:
Kung Fu Panda and Queen Latifa are two of my favorite inspirations right now. Po the Panda (voiced by Jack Black) shows that food can be a good motivator (not a reward... but I'll get to that in the future). It also shows that sometimes when you get that food that you so badly wanted, you may be surprised and find that you are truly not hungry. Queen Latifa is great in her Jenny Craig ads. She never talks about what size she is, she simply, but confidently states that she is a size healthier. Her modesty and honesty about her own personal struggle are very inspiring. One other inspiration is People Magazine's list of folks who lost 100 or more by diest and exercise alone. It is very, very uplifting to see women who have succeeded. It gives me a sense of long term direction to know that it took most of these women 2-3 years to achieve their goals. And it's relieving to know that most of them have kids. It really helps me to see that this can be done. (I will not quit, I will not give up)... see previous posts.

What I've Learned:
One thing that has changed is my attitude about being healthy. Last year, when I would go over my daily calorie goal, I would freak out. I think this ultimately lead to the cessation of the healthy lifestyle. If I couldn't be perfect then there was no reason to try.

Now
, my food log reflects positive weight loss days (or is that negative?) with the color green. Any daily calorie count less than the number of calories my body normally burns in one day is green. Any daily count within 200 calories of my sustaining point are yellow. And any daily count that goes over my sustaining point is red. I was much harder on myself before, too hard I think. I've even reconsidered the name of this blog, but the resolve behind the idea still stands.

I have learned that it is OK to fall off the horse, as long as you get back on. One bad day, two bad days, even three or four or a week. Just get going again, as soon as you can. I also allow myself a cheat day once a week. More on that in a future post.

I am happy to say that during the first 2 weeks of healthier eating, I lost 6 pounds! That's a little faster than I want the weight to come off, but after this weekend, I think things will average out.

So, here's to a starting the summer on the right track. Here's to staying on the track. Here's to me! And here's to not quitting. We can do this!


No comments: