Mission Statement

I will in general eat healthy, eat "normal" food, without gimmicks, pills, surgery, or trademarked diets. I will log all calories consumed and estimate calories burned on a daily basis. I will then be able to track my progress and estimate arrival time to my goals through My Food Log. I will also develop non-food rewards for reaching my goals knowing that reaching each goal is a reward in-and-of itself. I will not give up. I know that I will not be perfect but that I am making a permanent lifestyle change. The good days will out-number the bad days. I will not give up!

9.25.2007

Back In Black

do0rdiet.blogspot.com
by Christina2009

Took another long weekend and admittedly some back sliding, but, I'm back now! According to My Food Log, my daily calories burned/gained are back in the black...

meaning that I'm burning. This weekend does not count for much loss, it was a good deal of gain (nasty red numbers). I did work extra hard on Saturday though. I served 400 cups of individually squeezed and prepared lemonade. It was quite a workout.
I need to also talk about exercise in general here. Lady Rose of The Incredible Shrinking Ladies and The Diet Pulpit has inspired me to exercise more. Her current mission is to be able to do 100 regular push ups. In an effort to reach her goal she is engaged in several types of strength building exercises.
I have not yet braved the strength training exercises but I am incorporating more cardio-vascular exercise... mainly walking. Increasing the level of activity (exercising more) is the only way to keep my body loosing weight. The less you weigh, the slower your metabolism, therefore exercise more to burn more calories.
What kind of exercise are you doing? How often? Have you seen progressive results? Do you feel better about yourself after an exercise session?

No comments: