Mission Statement

I will in general eat healthy, eat "normal" food, without gimmicks, pills, surgery, or trademarked diets. I will log all calories consumed and estimate calories burned on a daily basis. I will then be able to track my progress and estimate arrival time to my goals through My Food Log. I will also develop non-food rewards for reaching my goals knowing that reaching each goal is a reward in-and-of itself. I will not give up. I know that I will not be perfect but that I am making a permanent lifestyle change. The good days will out-number the bad days. I will not give up!

9.11.2007

I'm A Loser

do0rdiet.blogspot.com
by Christina_2009


The season premier of The Biggest Loser is on right now. Have you seen it? What do you think about this show? I know there's alot of overly exaggerated drama...

...but I really like the show. To be quite honest, it was about this time last year, while watching the show over a heaping bowl of ice cream that I first thought (since giving birth), "...now might be a good time to change my life."
I didn't actually start to do anything about changing my life until this past February when I participated in the Anderson Area Shrink Down. It was a series of free seminars and events focused on healthy living. A slew of organizations and businesses hosted the program. The focus of the program was on healthy living in general but there was a ton of information and events focused on helping people loose weight. Weekly weigh-ins were offered for 8 weeks.
I lost 1/2 of a pound in the entire 8 weeks. I was disappointed and came out with the attitude of, "What's the point?" But the more I thought about the program, the more I realized, just participating in a program won't help me shed pounds. I have to participate, change my lifestyle, and do the work all by myself. I can't blame anyone or anything for my shortcomings.
Then I re-read the printed materials I received during the program and visited some of the suggested web sites. I learned sooooo much.
The key, I think, is in the little things. Change a little here and a little there. Lots of little changes add up to big results. A couple of weeks ago I finished the first 8 weeks of My Diet Plan. This time, with more knowledge and desire, I lost about 19 pounds. Lots of little changes add up to big results. So there's where I got my start. What did it for you? And what do you think of The Biggest Loser?

No comments: